- If you’re driving to your interview, work out where you’re going to park; do you need to take change for a car-park? Make sure you pay for an hour more than you think you will need. You don’t want to leave mid-meeting if it’s going well
- What are you going to wear? Have you had your suit dry-cleaned? Is it in great condition? No loose threads, hanging hems or missing buttons
- Are you due a hair cut? Do you look like someone you would hire for this job? Tidy beats fashionable
- What is the weather likely to be? Have you got the right clothes to get you into the building as smart as you left home? Umbrella? Raincoat? Footwear?
- Which version of your CV did you send when you applied for this job? Have you got a printed copy to take with you? Make sure it’s in perfect condition. No dog-eared corners or coffee stains
Author of 'Get That Interview' and 'Click Start Your Career Success' Julie is The Jobseeker's Guide. She works with thousands of clients through her audio and web-based programmes, helping them get 'job search fit' and successfully navigate their way into that new role
Select clients are able to apply to work with Julie one-to-one
Before joining Churchill Brook in 2009, she spent twelve years as an international headhunter, where she successfully helped her clients recruit exceptional people. Julie is an expert at getting candidates noticed by companies and had one of the highest success ratios for CV submission to hire that we know of within the recruitment industry
Check out what some of her clients have said about her
© 2012 Churchill Brook International
Want to use this article on your website or in your ezine?
Of course you can, but you MUST include this information
Churchill Brook International are the respected Jobseeker's Guide. We help you navigate the tricky world of recruiters and hiring managers and get yourself 'job search fit' . Running a series of web-based programmes,show you how to turn your CV into an interview magnet and how to get from that initial meeting to a successful job offer. To get your FREE eBOOK and career articles go to www.churchillbrook.co.uk