By banishing doubt and trusting your intuitive feelings, you clear a space for the power of intention to flow through ~ Wayne Dyer
The dictionary defines POSITIVE as ‘involving advantage or good’ and INTENTION as ‘an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions’ Therefore, we would surmise that ‘positive intention’ is to set an advantageous anticipated outcome. So how does this relate to job search and interview preparation?
Not only are we firm believers in the Law of Attraction here at Churchill Brook; the natural law that says ‘that which is like unto itself is drawn’ we also believe that your thought processes, actions, happiness levels and general sense of well-being improve when you set positive intentions. Everyone likes a happy, positive, upbeat person, right? So here are the things we would do to prepare ourselves mentally for an interview;
- See yourself looking smart and tidy, arriving in plenty of time and feeling relaxed about the meeting
- See yourself meeting the interviewer(s) and immediately liking something about them
- See yourself having interesting and friendly small talk on the way to the meeting room
- See them liking something about and warming to you
- See yourself having a great two way banter throughout the interview where you answer all of their questions in a way that you and they are all happy with
- See yourself asking some great, intelligent and thought provoking questions
- See yourself getting up to leave feeling happy and confident with the way the meeting has gone
- See yourself being called back for a further interview
- See yourself leaving the building and phoning someone important in your life to say ‘do you know, I think that was the best interview I’ve ever had’
If you are one of life’s doubters or someone that often wonders if their glass is only ever half empty we challenge you to try this as an experiment. If only for the reason of proving us wrong.
We would love to hear your feedback from this technique. Drop us a line once you’ve had the chance to try it and let us know how and if it worked for you. Of course, you don’t need to wait for an interview to set positive intentions, you can use this technique every day about anything and everything you have going on in your life.
Be intentionally happy and keep us posted!
For help increasing your positive outcomes, with your interview technique or making the transition from where you are to where you want to be please contact one of our Consultant Coaches at email@example.com